Our kindergartens follow the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum guidance framework (EYFS) to design the curriculum to cater for the needs of learners in line with the school’s vision and philosophy.
The foundation stage begins when children reach the age of three (Kindergarten) and continues until the end of the Reception year. Most children are expected to achieve the early learning goals by the end of the foundation stage.
We plan a curriculum that helps our children make good progress towards, and where appropriate beyond, these goals. It also prepares them for learning in Key Stage 1.
The effective delivery of the curriculum is dependent of the following four guiding themes:
- The Uniqueness of each learner.
- The importance of the development of positive relationships.
- The need to provide an enabling environment in which each pupil can optimise his or her learning and development.
- The different learning styles and rates at which individual pupils make progress in the different learning areas.
Doha Academy teaches the Foundation Stage Curriculum based on six areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL)
- Mathematical Development (MD)
- Creative Development (CD)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW)
- Physical Development (PD)
In addition we teach:
- Arabic (Part of CLL)
- French (part of CLL)
- Religion (Part of KUW)